Northwest Colorado Legal Services Project (NCLSP)

Project Details


Serves Clear Creek, Eagle, Grand, Gunnison, Jackson, Lake, Moffat, Pitkin, Rio Blanco, Routt and Summit counties.

  • Works with volunteer attorneys providing advice, limited representation or full representation to low-income clients with civil legal cases.
  • Due to limited resources, not every low-income client can be helped.
  • Priority is given to the following:
    • domestic violence victims who need help with court cases involving Dissolution of Marriage (divorce) or Allocation of Parental Responsibility (custody and parenting time)
    • persons facing evictions
    • persons who are Defendants in court lawsuits, and 
    • persons with other severe or emergency situations

NCLSP is a branch of Colorado Legal Services and follows the same laws and regulations for the types of cases that are accepted.

To Apply:

  • complete and return the application below that applies to you
  • apply online through the CLS online application system, or
  • contact NCLSP at 800-521-6968.


  • NCLSP offers monthly advice clinics in some counties. Call 800-521-6968 to find out if there’s a clinic in your county.
  • CALL4ALL CLINIC is the third Wednesday of every month from 5-7:30 pm. Call 1-844-404-7400 during clinic hours only. Receive advice on family law, landlord/tenant, protection order, consumer/collections, and Small Claims.


NCLSP is the Title III Legal Assistance Provider in Eagle, Grand, Jackson, Moffat, Pitkin, Rio Blanco, Routt and Summit counties. Other CLS offices offer senior legal services in Clear Creek and Lake Counties. Seniors age 60 and older may qualify for free advice from an attorney on civil legal issues listed in Title III priorities. Call 800-521-6968 for more information.

Return Applications to:

Colorado Legal Services
P.O. Box 1895
Dillon, CO 80435
Fax: 970-668-9642

Remember! 1 - tell us about any deadlines; 2 - provide correct contact information such as phone and email, and 3 - check your email and phone messages once you apply.

Do you have a deadline? We may not be able to help you before your deadline.  Apply as soon as possible. Give us as much time as possible to see if we can help you.


Provide all of the information requested on the form.

Domestic Violence Victims

Also give us these copies:

  • any police reports related to the domestic violence
  • any protection orders, including the Motion and the Order, or
  • prepare a self-statement about the violence you experienced if you don't have either of the above

Persons Facing Eviction

Also give us these copies:

  • Your lease
  • Any Notices and/or court papers you received

Facing eviction? You have a limited amount of time to act.  Apply right away!

Defendants in Civil Court Cases

Give us a copy of any court papers, limit 10 pages.

Persons with other Serious or Emergency Situations

Give us a copy of any court papers, limit 10 pages.

Sealing or Expunging Criminal Records

Are you located in these counties? Baca, Bent, Chaffee, Cheyenne, Clear Creek, Crowley, Custer, Delta, Eagle, Fremont, Grand, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Huerfano, Jackson, Kiowa, Kit Carson, Lake, Las Animas, Logan, Moffat, Montrose, Morgan, Otero, Ouray, Park, Phillips, Prowers, Rio Blanco, Routt, San Miguel, Sedgwick,  Summit, Washington and Yuma.? If so, we might be able to help.

How helpful do you find the information on this page?

Add comment

Table of Contents