Resources Available During COVID19 - Colorado Legal Services
Colorado Legal Services (CLS) remains committed to assisting applicants and clients. In order to protect the public and staff, please apply by phone (click here for offices/phone #s) or online (click here). CLS offices are currently not open for walk-in applicants or clients.
How does CLS work?
Colorado Legal Services is a non-profit agency that provides free legal advice, clinics and representation to eligible low-income Coloradans and seniors. Please note: we have an intake process that all applicants must complete (we are not a hotline that people can call for quick guidance without a screening). Also, please understand that, unlike criminal cases, there is no right to an attorney in civil cases for low-income Coloradans. With the resources we have, we do our best every day to provide legal assistance to as many eligible applicants as we can.
To learn about ways low-income individuals in Colorado can gain access to technologies including computers and internet during COVID19, click here. Please help us spread the word that these resources are available!
For information on phase 2 of Colorado's reopening, "Safer at Home," click here.
Colorado's Statewide Mask Mandate is currently in effect until September 13, 2020. For more information, click here.
Resources available by legal topic:
For the latest information about stimulus checks and COVID19, please click here.
Courts and Court Processes
- Colorado has temporarily implemented remote notarization, which will be in effect until December 31, 2020. For more information, click here.
- Interested in mediation? Click here. To request reduced fees if you use a mediator, click here.
- For important announcements about courts during the COVID19 pandemic, click here.
- Appeal of Denial of Unemployment Benefits - click here
- How to learn what type of claim to file (watch videos), open (file online), reopen and manage your claim online - click here (en English y Espanol), CO Depart. of Labor
- Workers' Rights Clinic (click here) - presented by Attorney David Albrechta in collaboration with CLS - Durango Office
Family and Children
To watch videos about help available for domestic violence survivors during COVID-19, click on the following: Safety Planning Video, Protection Orders Video, and Child Custody Video. (A collaboration between SPAN, Safe Shelter of the St. Vrain and Boulder office of Colorado Legal Services.)
- Transportation of Children for Parenting Time excluded from "Shelter at Home" Order - click here (go to 7-7.5 in video)
- Have a court order about parenting time and not sure what to do during COVID19? Click here for information.
- To access child support services, click here.
- Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition COVID-19 Resources For People With and Without Disabilities - click here
- How to Appy for Disability Assistance - click here
- Reasonable Accomodations and Modifications in Housing - watch video here, presented by Disability Law CO and The Justice Center, Pikes Peak Region
- For a video tutorial on how to apply for rental assistance, click English, or Spanish.
- Map of Statewide Rental Assistance in Colorado - click here, and list of resources/help available for those seeking rental assistance statewide, click here.
- Online Application for Department of Human Services Help - click here
- Temporary Mortgage Help Due to COVID-19 - click here for a PDF
- Best Practices for Landlord Tenant Communication - for video, click here, presented by The Justice Center, Pikes Peak Region, CO
- Concerned about Rent, Eviction or Foreclosure in Boulder County? Click for English , click for Spanish (PDF) for updated information and resources available to help.
- Important Notice for Colorado's Renters - English y Espanol - click here
- Learn about a potential alternative to eviction - click here
- Your Rights if an Eviction is Filed Against you during COVID19 - English - click here; Spanish - click here
- Resources, Denver Metro Area (general) - English, click here, Spanish, click here.
- Resources, Weld County, click here
- Veterans Housing Resources throughout CO - English - click here, Spanish - here
- CLS ID Project Website w/ Additional Information - click here
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services - click here
- Colorado DMV Closures and Delays - click here
Public Benefits, Health and Senior Issues
- CO Food Assistance during COVID19 - English, click here; Spanish, click here
- Food Resources during COVID19 - click here for English and Spanish
- Did a nursing home or assisted-living facility take your stimulus check? Click here for more information.
- Update Your Adddress As Soon as Possible
- Have you applied for Medicaid?
- Continuous Eligibility During Public Health Emergency
- Information during COVID-19 - English; Spanish
- Nursing Home Residents, Medicaid, and Stimulus Checks: What you Need to Know - click here (National Center on Law and Elder Rights)
- Getting Health Care Coverage through Health First Colorado, click here, and Child Health Plan Plus - click here
- Social Security & Coronavirus - click here, SS and the Stimulus Act - click here
- Information about Estate Planning can be found on this site - click here
- Estate Planning Workshop/Video - Colorado Legal Services - click here
Office of Administrative Courts for General Services' Hearings and COVID19 - click here
- Child Tax Credit resources can be found here
- Information about Stimulus Checks and Taxes - click here
- IRS People First Initiative - providing relief to help people facing uncertainty over taxes - click here
- Ways you can Still File Your Taxes during Self-Isolation - click here
Thank you, and please stay safe.