Resources Available During COVID19 - Colorado Legal Services
Colorado Legal Services (CLS) remains committed to assisting applicants and clients. In order to protect the public and staff, please apply by phone (click here for offices/phone #s) or online (click here). CLS offices are currently not open for walk-in applicants or clients.
How does CLS work?
Colorado Legal Services is a non-profit agency that provides free legal advice, clinics and representation to eligible low-income Coloradans and seniors. Please note: we have an intake process that all applicants must complete (we are not a hotline that people can call for quick guidance without a screening). Also, please understand that, unlike criminal cases, there is no right to an attorney in civil cases for low-income Coloradans. With the resources we have, we do our best every day to provide legal assistance to as many eligible applicants as we can.
- To learn about ways low-income individuals in Colorado can gain access to technologies including computers and internet during COVID19, click here.
- For guidance about mask-wearing in Colorado, click here.
Courts and Court Processes
- Have to go to a Colorado County court? Get familiar with court staff, protocols and more here.
- Interested in mediation? Click here. To request reduced fees if you use a mediator, click here.
- For important announcements about courts during the COVID19 pandemic, click here.
- Job Search Navigation Services, English, Spanish
- Appeal of Denial of Unemployment Benefits - click here
- How to learn what type of claim to file (watch videos), open (file online), reopen and manage your claim online - click here (en English y Espanol), CO Depart. of Labor
- Workers' Rights Clinic (click here) - presented by Attorney David Albrechta in collaboration with CLS - Durango Office
Family and Children
To watch videos about help available for domestic violence survivors during COVID-19, click on the following: Safety Planning Video, Protection Orders Video, and Child Custody Video. (A collaboration between SPAN, Safe Shelter of the St. Vrain and Boulder office of Colorado Legal Services.)
- Have a court order about parenting time and not sure what to do during COVID19? Click here for information.
- To access child support services, click here.
- Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition COVID-19 Resources For People With and Without Disabilities - click here
- How to Appy for Disability Assistance - click here
- Reasonable Accomodations and Modifications in Housing - watch video here, presented by Disability Law CO and The Justice Center, Pikes Peak Region
- For a video tutorial on how to apply for rental assistance, click English, or Spanish.
- Map of Statewide Rental Assistance in Colorado - click here, and list of resources/help available for those seeking rental assistance statewide, click here.
- Online Application for Department of Human Services Help - click here
- Statewide Rental Assistance Resource Packet, English, Spanish
- Best Practices for Landlord Tenant Communication - for video, click here, presented by The Justice Center, Pikes Peak Region, CO
- Learn about a potential alternative to eviction - click here
- Resources, Denver Metro Area (general) - English, click here, Spanish, click here.
- Resources, Weld County, click here
- Metro Denver COVID Combined Resources, English, Spanish
- Veterans Housing Resources throughout CO - English, Spanish
- CLS ID Project Website w/ Additional Information - click here
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services - click here
- Colorado DMV Closures and Delays - click here
Public Benefits, Health and Senior Issues
- CO Food Assistance during COVID19 - English, click here; Spanish, click here
- Food Resources during COVID19 - click here for English and Spanish
- Did a nursing home or assisted-living facility take your stimulus check? Click here for more information.
- Nursing Home Residents, Medicaid, and Stimulus Checks: What you Need to Know - click here (National Center on Law and Elder Rights)
- Getting Health Care Coverage through Health First Colorado, click here, and Child Health Plan Plus - click here
- Social Security & Coronavirus - click here, SS and the Stimulus Act - click here
- Financial help is available for those planning COVID-related funerals.
- Information about Estate Planning can be found on this site - click here
- Estate Planning Workshop/Video - Colorado Legal Services - click here
- Child Tax Credit resources can be found here
- Information about Stimulus Checks and Taxes - click here
- IRS People First Initiative - providing relief to help people facing uncertainty over taxes - click here
- Ways you can Still File Your Taxes during Self-Isolation - click here
Thank you, and please stay safe.