Steps CLS follows to accept and refer cases to volunteer attorneys are below (click on a step to learn more):.
- How CLS screens cases and decides what to accept and refer to attorneys
- How CLS works with pro bono attorneys
- Conflict rules
- Pro bono and contract cases
- Client complaints and difficult clients
- Sample retainers
- Swink case – Colorado Court of Appeals decision on pro bono attorneys collecting attorney fees from other side of case.
- CBA Ethics Opinion 117 (regarding conflicts)