Rental, Utility, and Mortgage Assistance

If you need additional assistance, please call 211 or visit

Rental Assistance

If you have been impacted indirectly or directly by Covid-19 and have fallen behind on your rent you should apply to the Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).

How to apply to Colorado DOLA ERAP? 

Before applying it may be best by visiting our website to watch the ERAP tutorial.  This tutorial will give a step by step walk through of the application and can help you prepare what you may need when applying. 

If you do not have a computer, internet access or an email the Colorado Department of Local Affairs has to provide you an alternative format to the application.  To obtain the alternative format you may call or text:  1-888-480-0066 / M - F 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. mountain time, Saturdays 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Mortgage Assistance

If you are a home owner and facing foreclosure due to the indirect or direct impacts of Covid-19 and have fallen behind on your mortgage you should apply to the Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (EMAP).

Utility Assistance

Heating Assistance

If you have fallen behind on your heating bill between November – April, you should apply to the Colorado Low-Income Emergency Assistance Program (LEAP).  You may visit their website for the application or call 1-866-432-8435.

Emergency Utility Assistance 

If your utilities are about to be shut off, you may apply to Energy Outreach Colorado for emergency utility assistance.  You may visit their website or call 303-825-8750.

Updated February 2022

This communication is made available by Colorado Legal Services, Inc., (CLS), as a public service and is issued to inform not to advise. No person should attempt to interpret or apply any law without the assistance of an attorney. The opinions expressed in this communication are those of the authors and not those of CLS or its funding sources. If you need advice on this or any other legal problem, consult an attorney of your own choosing. If you cannot afford an attorney, talk to Colorado Legal Services, 303.837.1313. If you think you may qualify for Colorado Legal Services, go to to complete your application online.

Table of Contents