Northwest Colorado Legal Services Project (NCLSP)

Contact us: 800-521-6968

Serving individuals in the following counties:

Clear Creek, Eagle, Grand, Gunnison, Jackson, Lake, Moffat, Pitkin, Rio Blanco, Routt and Summit counties.

The Northwest Project may be able to help with:

  • Family law cases including Petitions for Civil Protection Orders, Dissolution of Marriage (divorce) and Allocation of Parental Responsibilities (custody) cases
  • Elder law cases including Wills, Powers of Attorney
  • Other emergency or serious legal matters

We help by providing legal advice, help with drafting of papers, or representation in court.  Not every case is referred to a volunteer attorney for representation because we have a small number of attorney volunteers.  We have limited resources which means that we can’t always help everyone who applies.

To get help with:

Evictions, foreclosures, issues about poor conditions in your rental, a lawsuit filed against you due to your debts, or issues with a benefit program - 

Apply online here, or call Colorado Legal Services at 303-837-1313,  enter ext. 444.

To Apply to the Northwest Project:

  • Fill out the application packet below for your case
  • Apply online here
  • Call us at 800-521-6968 if you have questions about applying or if you need any help completing your application.

Telephone Clinics:

The Northwest Project runs two monthly telephone advice clinics to give brief advice from volunteer attorneys in some civil legal matters.

  • First Thursday Legal Advice Clinic – 1st Thursday of each month, call 800-521-6968 between 4:30 pm and 6:00 pm for advice on family law, landlord/tenant law, consumer/collection law, and protection orders
  • Call4All Clinic – 3rd Wednesday of each month, call 844-404-7400 during clinic hours only (5:00 pm to 7:30 pm) for advice on family law, landlord/tenant law, protection orders, consumer/collection law, and Small Claims Court

Seniors (60 years of age and above):

Call us at 800-521-6968 for information on legal assistance available to seniors in your county. Colorado Legal Services helps seniors (persons 60 years of age and above) with some civil legal cases in every Northwest Project county. 


Be sure to answer all the questions on the application papers.  Please write clearly so that we can read your application.  You can email the applications back to us by return email, or you can mail your application to

  • Colorado Legal Services
  • attn: Eduardo Casillas
  • 1905 Sherman Street, Suite 300
  • Denver, CO 80203  

Call us if you want to fax your application.

Be sure we know about any deadlines in your case and give us good information about how to reach you – phone, email, address.  After you apply, be sure to check your phone and email often to see if we are trying to reach you.

Deadlines coming up soon:

If your deadline is soon, we may not have time to help you.  And we have limited resources which means that we can’t always help everyone who applies.

Find Your Application Packet:

  • Custody, no marriage (English, Spanish)
  • Divorce, no children of the marriage (English, Spanish)
  • Divorce with children of the marriage (English, Spanish)
  • Other serious or emergency legal matters (see the “To Get Help With” section above if your case involves eviction, foreclosure, poor conditions in your rental, or issues with your benefits) (English, Spanish)
  • Record Sealing (English, Spanish)

Record Sealing:

We can help if you live in or have criminal records in these counties:

List of counties NWCLSP can help if individuals live there.

  • Your criminal records must be held by Colorado courts or agencies
  • If you want to expunge your criminal record in a juvenile case, you will need to give us a copy of your juvenile criminal record (we can get adult records, but juvenile records are confidential)
  • Your case must be closed or dismissed before you can petition the court to seal your record
  • Sealing a record will not let you carry/purchase a gun if you lost that right in the case you want to seal.
  • You can seal a record even if you still owe court fines or fees, but not if you owe money to the victim (restitution) that the court ordered you to pay. 
  • If you lost your right to vote because you were convicted of a felony, you will AUTOMATICALLY get back your right to vote once you have served all of your prison or jail sentence.
  • We will review your record, let you know if you can petition the court to seal or expunge your record, and provide the court forms that you need to file to seal your record.  You will have to file your case and go to any court hearings that might be held in your case.
Last updated on .

Table of Contents


    News & publications

    The news about recent activities for needed peoples.

    More News

    26 Jan 2024

    Colorado Legal Services opens estimated 11,000 cases in 2023

    Organization combats homelessness through eviction prevention Jan. 29, 2024 …

    Continue Reading

    29 Dec 2023

    Colorado Legal Services opens over 800 cases in November 2023

    Alamosa office now at a new location Dec. 29, 2023 (DENVER) – Colorado Legal…

    Continue Reading